What do I need to know to be sure I am prepared for all COSWGA events? Please read to the end.
COSWGA Players – What Do I Need to Know?
Female golfers, 50 years or older who:
· Are members of a participating Central Oregon Club
· Are members of Auxiliary Clubs
· Have an established USGA 18-hole Handicap Index of 40.4 or less at that club
· Were members of COSWGA the previous year, but their club left COSWGA
What if I Belong to More Than One Club?
· Your home course will be the one where the majority of your games have been played and your handicap established
· Please see COWSGA By-Laws, Article II for membership eligibility
What Does It Cost?
Annual dues determined by the board:
· For 2022, dues for current members are $125, due with your renewal form by 11/1/2021. Dues for Auxiliary members are $150.00, due with your renewal form by 11/1/2021.
· Starting 12/1 new members are invited to join
What Do I Wear?
· Traditional golf attire, no denim, bottoms no shorter than 4” above knee
· Tops with a collar, sleeves or both
· Your COSWGA nametag
· Your COSWGA bag tag attached to your golf bag
How Do I Enter or Cancel for Play Days?
· Deadlines are clearly stated on the entry form for each play day in the booklet
· Payment must be included with entry form so that the hosting club can plan the proper number of breakfasts, lunches, carts, etc.
· If you must cancel less than 7 days prior to play, please do so ASAP. No refunds can be given for such late cancellations since the hosting club has already had to commit to food and cart costs.
· Being a ‘no show’ may result in ineligibility for the next play day
What Happens On Play Day?
· All games are individual stroke play
· USGA and local rules govern all play
· World Handicap System applies
· Maximum course handicap for players is 40
· Maximum hole score is Net Double Bogey (par +2 + pops). You pick up your ball and continue to participate in the tournament.
· Scores are posted for you as Competitive Scores
· Breakfast is available at each venue prior to play.
· Lunch is served after play. If you choose not to eat, the entry fee is still the same.
Please note any special dietary requirements on your entry form.
What Can I Win?
· 4 Gross and 4 Net places are awarded in each of the four flights: A, B, C, D. Ties are paid as well.
· Dollar amounts for Gross and Net are the same, paid in pro shop award universal vouchers. Universal vouchers may be redeemed at any hosting COSWGA golf shop. They expire on November 1 of the current season year.
o First place - $22
o Second place - $17
o Third place - $12
o Fourth place – all 4th place finishers receive $5
o Closest to the Pin (KP) and Accurate Drive by flight - $10
Special Event - Rally for the Cure
Crooked River Ranch play day includes an optional donation and raffle ticket sales to benefit Susan Komen, a program designed to spread awareness about breast cancer and health. Wear pink!
Need to Know More?
· Contact your club’s COSWGA representative
· Read the by-laws and policies and procedures in the booklet
· COSWGA Board Members’ contact information is in the booklet
· Roster of COSWGA members can be also be found in the booklet